Do your dolls need laundry room storage? We recently set up our dream doll bathroom and laundry room combination. The My Life As Bathroom Play Set has plenty of storage for bathroom accessories in its light-up vanity. However, we decided that we needed storage for the My Life As Laundry Room Play Set. I am a big fan of vertical storage in real life, which definitely translates to my doll house. Kitty (my American Girl Truly Me #64 doll) needed some storage for her laundry essentials as well as a countertop to fold laundry, and what Kitty wants, Kitty gets! We came up with this American Girl DIY Doll Laundry Room Storage for her.
- Cardboard or foam board – I recycled scraps from packaging and shipping materials.
- Doll laundry room set (for scale)
- X-ACTO knife
- Hot glue gun
- Cardstock or paper (optional) – I wrapped my pieces with cardstock to disguise my rough cuts.
- Glue stick (optional)
- Cut your pieces. These are how big I cut my pieces, but you can adjust the sizes to your preference or scrap findings:
- 19.5″ x 6″ back
- 10.75″ x 4.35″ countertop (I used a thicker piece of cardboard for this piece.)
- (2) 10.75″ x 3.125″ shelves
- Plug in your glue gun to heat while you mark the backs of your countertop and shelves at approximately 2.375″ and 8.375″.
- Place the back piece behind your doll washer and dryer against a wall. Hot glue the countertop between your marks and carefully place it on the washer and dryer while centering it to the back piece.
- Next, place your doll laundry basket on top of the countertop for height reference for the bottom shelf. Be sure to leave enough space between it and the shelf so your doll can put her clothes in it! Mark where you would like the shelf to be then draw a straight line with your ruler for a guide. Hot glue the shelf between your marks and carefully place it on the line while centering it to the back piece.
- Place the tallest piece that you would like to store on the bottom shelf for height reference for the top shelf. Mark where you would like the shelf to be then draw a straight line with your ruler for a guide. Hot glue the shelf between your marks and carefully place it on the line while centering it to the back piece.
- Optional step – wrap your countertop, shelves, and back to disguise any imperfections in your cuts or to customize them to match your doll room.
- Place your American Girl DIY Doll Laundry Room Storage add-on between your doll washer and dryer and doll house wall. Organize your laundry room and decorate as desired. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this small doll house project!